Friday, June 17, 2016

Surgery Update & What's Up Today

My surgery on May 31st went well. Not only was it the quickest procedure I've had to date but the results were favorable.

Dr. Brickman was able to remove just the left ovary and remainder of that tube. At the post-op appointment she showed me pictures. The left ovary and tube were difficult to get to at first due to the extensive adhesions that had build up since my last surgery in December 2013. Once she was able to get through the adhesions she found that my bowels were stuck to my uterus as well. She removed all the adhesions, the left ovary and tube, and cleaned up what endometriosis she could find. She inspected the right side and said that it looks quite a bit better than my left side, though not quite as good as a normal ovary and tube. Another thing, she was surprised I was able to have a BM at all given the condition my bowels were in.

Since the surgery, I've been on pain medication to help relax and recover. There's just one problem. The pain medication stops my digestive tract every time I take it. Getting backed up is not good at all because that causes added pain.

On that note, yesterday I may have strained too much because my lower back is absolutely killing me. I got extremely nauseous and ran a low temp (99.5) when I woke up today at 6:30 am. Took Zofran to get rid of the nausea and grabbed a bowl before laying down. The shakes were uncontrollable too.

Upon waking at 9:23 am my temperature had risen to 100.6. The pain wasn't quite as bad anymore but I did gain a headache. The Zofran got rid of the nausea, thankfully. Just called my doctors office to update them and am waiting to hear back on what I should do, including whether I should head to the ER.

Please keep me in your prayers. This recovery process has had some major ups and downs, unlike usual.

P.S. I'll post pictures of the surgery when I get them at the 6 week post-op visit.

Thank you,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment