Sunday, June 19, 2016

Admitted on 6/17/2016

After my post on the 17th, the doctor called back and asked me to come in. I spent several hours, from 10 am - 5 pm, going from CT, Lab, and US getting tests done to find out why I was in pain and had a fever. Without going into every detail, the results were as follows:

CT - normal
Labs - normal
US - abnormal showing a complex cyst on my remaining ovary.

Now, cysts aren't a big thing as I almost always have them. However, it was a little alarming to them given my recent surgery and the symptoms I was having.

Dr. Asbury was the one to see me and decided that she wanted to admit me overnight to be monitored and get IV antibiotics and pain medication. She said my severe low back pain was referred pain from my uterus and the fever was from the start of an infection in my remaining ovary.

I really wouldn't have thought the low back/hip pain was referred from my uterus so that was news to me. However, being that they did have to remove the bowels, left ovary, and adhesions from the uterus during my surgery it makes sense. That coupled with the fact that I got on the treadmill to walk a 5K on Thursday was probably too much too fast for my body. I was feeling fine so I didn't think anything of it.

I was admitted just after 5 pm to the hospital that night. It took four attempts and three nurses to start an IV. It was very painful but it's not their fault. I've been known to be a difficult stick for IV's.

Finally received pain medication at 7 pm that night and began feeling much better. They had me stay until I was fever free for 24 hours. I actually discharged last night at around 7:30 pm. Side Note: my friend from nursing school was the nurse extender who wheeled me out of the hospital, Nestor. I just thought that was neat. I'm glad we got to catch up since we are on summer break right now.

Alright, so now I'm home and had a wonderful nights rest last night. I haven't taken any pain medication since I was at the hospital either. I was prescribed antibiotics for the next two weeks to make sure the infection is gone. My abdomen is pretty tender. In fact, going to Walmart this morning to get my antibiotics felt like a little too much. I'll be resting for the remainder of today and probably for the next couple of weeks.

Thank you all for your prayers. I'm so blessed to have you all in my life. A special thanks goes to my friend, Robin, who sent me this precious Get Well text featuring my precious baby.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better and that they found out what was wrong. This time, take more time to heal and rest up! Love the get well card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are home. I hope you start feeling better soon. Rest up! I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete