Tuesday, September 16, 2014

What's happened since the miscarriage

Dealing with the miscarriage was very difficult but we came through it and made a plan. I quit my job and started school to become a nurse. I'm currently in my second semester and if I do well I should be entering into the nursing classes come January.

Finances are extremely tight on one budget but God is making a way. It's amazing how you can think there isn't any way that you could survive doing something and then God makes it possible.

Since March, I've been using essential oils to combat the endometriosis. It was going very well. I hadn't had to go to the ER or to the DR until now.

Saturday night I started having abdominal/pelvic pain. I thought that it couldn't possibly be endometriosis because the essential oils had completely gotten rid of all symptoms for 6 straight months. So, I decided it must have been gas. I took a probiotic to combat the gas and then went to sleep. I woke up 4 hours later to some pretty terrible pain and couldn't get back to sleep after that. All day Sunday I was having pain and couldn't do much of anything. I ended up staying in bed and watching TV all day. Sunday night I laid in bed all night without falling asleep. The pain wasn't ER worthy but it was enough to keep me from falling asleep. Needless to say, I was quite like a zombie yesterday at school.

After my second class yesterday, I went to the doctors office to get seen. The doctor had already left for the day so they asked me to come back today. So, I came back today. The news isn't one that I wanted to receive.

Back in December, doctors removed a section of my left Fallopian tube. They left the rest of it, as well as the left ovary, because they didn't want to inhibit my hormones or the blood flow to the ovary.

Well, the remaining section of my left Fallopian tube is now a hydrosalpinx as well. It is blown up to the size of a sausage. My left ovary is enlarged as well. I also have 2 uterine fibroids.

...

I have been so happy since March, not having any pain and not needing to see a doctor for anything. I started to feel normal. I felt like I could accomplish my goals now that endometriosis wasn't in the way.

So, the news today is a bit of a crushing blow. I'm beginning to feel trapped. All I want to do is to finish my education, become a nurse, and move somewhere with my husband that we both can be happy.

Another surgery is not on my list of things I want to do. In fact, I'll fight it as much as I possibly can this time as long as my life isn't in danger.

The doctor is pushing a total hysterectomy. She says that my quality of life hasn't been great, and with endometriosis being progressive my quality of life will only continue to get worse.

But a total hysterectomy would be devastating and annoying. It completely crushes any hope of having children in the future. It requires hormone therapy for the rest of my life. How is that an option? Besides the fact that I've read that even with a total hysterectomy that endometriosis can flare up with the use of the hormone therapy drugs. Sure, I wouldn't have tubes or ovaries to blow up but I'd still have endometriosis in there causing more scaring and adhesions.

...

I'm frustrated, upset, and have no idea what I should do.

The only thing I do know is that I'm having to take pain killers and sleep aides to be able to fall asleep at night.

___________________________________________________________

UPDATE on 3/28/2015

I didn't have to have any surgery. The tube drained on its own and I haven't had any issues since then requiring me to be seen by a doctor. The oils are doing the job of keeping my organs in check! Thank for the Lord for bringing someone into our lives that introduced us to a natural way to heal my body! It does an amazing job and medications/surgery never got close to these results.

Continue to keep me in your prayers for my physical reproductive and emotional health.

No comments:

Post a Comment