Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blood work results

So, I cheated yesterday and did an at home pregnancy test. It showed that I am pregnant. The real test, however, is the blood work I had this morning.

I got up bright and early, 5am. I took a warm shower, got ready, took care of the dogs then headed out.

The lab opens at 6:30 so I made sure to get there around that time. Went through registration and then went to the lab only to find out they hadn't opened yet. It wasn't really a big deal since they showed up minutes after that. The lab tech was wonderful and even said she'd be praying for me.

After it was done I went to work. I waited four hours before I just had to call and see if they had the results yet. But of course, they don't give them out until 2-4 pm when the doctors have had a chance to review them and set up the treatment plan for each individual. This was that moment that I was truly happy I took the home test yesterday. I would have gone crazy if I didn't know and had to wait that long. LOL!

They eventually called me to give me the best news ever. I'm pregnant!!!! Yay!!!! 

For now, I'll continue my estrogen and progesterone then do another blood test on February 10th.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support that has gotten us to this place. This is a dream come true. 

We ask for continued prayers through the entire pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment