Monday, January 20, 2014

Embryo transfer scheduled

At our appointment today they drew blood and did an ultrasound. Fortunately, everything looked good on the ultrasound. No more bad news on that front! Dr. McCoy also went over the surgery in December with me since I was under the affects of anesthesia at that time. Not only did they remove a portion of my left tube but they also found that my right one is severely scarred and he says it's useless. Thankfully, it doesn't have to be removed at this time. All this means is that our originally low percentage of getting pregnant on our own has been reduced to 0%. That being said, this embryo is definitely our last shot at having a child.

The IVF plan for now is as follows: Continue taking 3 estrogen pills twice daily until Saturday. Start taking 1 antibiotic twice daily on Wednesday and continue through Saturday. Start taking the progesterone cream twice daily beginning on Thursday and continue until they confirm pregnancy. On Friday, they will thaw our embryo. There is a 90% chance that it will survive the thaw, which means we would come in on Saturday for the transfer!

The odds are in our favor but I do ask that you continue to pray. Pray away that other 10%, the stress and the pessimism.

*Side Note* Because we had to do a frozen transfer instead of a fresh one, we had to pay another $500 today for thawing fees. They may have told us this at the very beginning but we forgot because the original plan was to do fresh transfer. Needless to say, we were a bit frustrated having to pay it today as it had to be paid before they will thaw the embryo for us. 

To go along with that, my HSA balance should show over $3,000 but when I tried to pay with it the card was declined. When I called to find out why, they said the balance shows $0!!!! The bank and HSA handlers are showing no funds have been transferred to the account. I've been calling all day trying to find out where the funds are. Hopefully, the lady at work who handles the HSA accounts will call me back soon.

This has been an incredibly difficult journey for the both of us. Emotionally, I've been a wreck and now that I'm on estrogen it's magnified. I'm crying over the littlest things and getting angry over nothing. Kyle has been stressed as well and it's been messing with his sleep. We continue to need and appreciate all your prayers and words of comforts during this process.

If all goes well, the embryo transfer will take place on Saturday and then we will just have to wait and see if it implants and becomes a healthy baby! Hopefully, we will have a positive pregnancy ultrasound in mid-February! We will continue to see FIRM until I reach 10 weeks as they continue to monitor you through the miscarriage time. We've had a miscarriage before and I'm not sure I could handle another one, especially after everything we've gone through during this IVF journey. With that said, please pray pray pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment