Saturday, January 25, 2014

Embryo transfer complete

The embryo transfer went well! 

Sure they make you have a full bladder so it's completely uncomfortable, but it did go well. There was a time or two I thought I'd pee on the doctor but I didn't.

The transfer didn't hurt at all besides the full bladder uncomfortable feeling. The actual transfer went by in less then five minutes. They placed the catheter in then had the embryologist bring our embryo in. Once he did, they slid it through the catheter and then deposited it into my uterus. After that the embryologist went to make sure the embryo wasn't in his syringe anymore to confirm it was correctly deposited. Then the catheter was removed and I was allowed to go to the restroom. 

I was very relieved emptying my bladder!

Then we got dressed, got our instructions and left. We are on our way back home now. We have to stop to walk around every 50 minutes to ensure blood flow, which is needed for the embryo to properly implant.

My first blood test to confirm pregnancy will be on February 6th. If that one is positive, they will test again on February 10th to make sure my count increases as it should. We will find out when our ultrasound will be to confirm pregnancy at that time. We will continue to see them until we are out of the 10 week miscarriage window.

At this time, I have to continue taking the 3mg estrogen twice a day, and the progesterone twice a day, until about week 10. They will gradually reduce the amounts I have to take each day until I'm completely off of them, which should be by the 11th week.

That about sums it up for now. Continue to keep us in your prayers! I appreciate all prayers through the birth of our healthy baby.

See the embryo in my uterus in the ultrasound picture below.


No comments:

Post a Comment