Monday, January 27, 2014

Embryo after IVF transfer

I was curious what exactly happens with  the embryo during the time between transfer and pregnancy test so I looked it up. I found this neat chart that tells you exactly what happens! I added a column to the left to show you what date I'm on for each day past transfer.


Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
 Embryo Development
1/26/2014
 One
The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
1/27/2014
 Two
The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
1/28/2014
 Three
The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell 
1/29/2014
 Four
The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
1/30/2014
 Five
The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation 
1/31/2014
 Six
Implantation continues
2/1/2014
 Seven
Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop 
2/2/2014
 Eight
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream 
2/3/2014
 Nine
Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted 
2/4/2014
 Ten
Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted  
2/5/2014
 Eleven
Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy 
2/6/2014
Twelve
STAT – hCG blood test in the morning. Results by evening!

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is! I was very excited to find it so that I'd know exactly what was going on in my body during my waiting period before the blood test. I look at this chart every morning so I can see where I am.

    ReplyDelete