Thursday, November 17, 2016

Improved since surgery

Yesterday I had another follow up appointment with Dr. Brickman.

Everything looks much better since the surgery. The ultrasound did show that scar tissue is forming on the left side but she said that was an expected finding. She noticed a lot less tenderness during the exam, as did I. I used to do my best not to squirm during pelvic examinations but I didn't have to try this time. It was still uncomfortable but by no means was it painful. My incisions also looked good to her.

Overall, since the surgery I have had almost no ovulation pain. That used to be the most painful time of the month for me because my left ovary and tube always swelled. I'm so thankful I do not experience that anymore.

During my menstrual cycles I still feel pain and discomfort but again, nothing like I used to. I feel like my current level of pain may be close to what most women feel. Though I still get the back pain.

Another good note about the pain is that I haven't had to take Toradol or Tramadol since the surgery. I'm now able to take Zipsor, which is pretty much just an anti-inflammatory (prescription strength). I've come a long way in that department because initially they started me on Vicodin. All that ever accomplished was making me sick. The Zipsor actually reduces the inflammation which relieves the pain.

Thank you all for your prayers and continued support! You've been a tremendous help in getting me through these obstacles. I thank God for my husband as well. He is my greatest supporter and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment